Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Intro Blog Post

Well, here I am, merrily adding another project to my always increasing pile of worthwhile endeavors. When will I learn? Hopefully never.

This, friends and complete strangers, is my new Book Review blog. As I read and reread books, I will write entries about them, and will wax ecstatic or, more often, bash them into oblivion. I start every book I read really, really wanting to love it, but that's just so rare. Kind of like dating.

The blog title is taken from the second to last paragraph of E.B. White's classic Charlotte's Web:

"Life in the barn was very good-night and day, winter and summer, spring and fall, dull days and bright days. It was the best place to be, thought Wilbur, this warm delicious cellar, with the garrulous geese, the changing seasons, the heat of the sun, the passage of swallows, the nearness of rats, the sameness of sheep, the love of spiders, the smell of manure, and the glory of everything."

1 comment:

  1. You know, it's kind of amazing that you haven't started a blog like this already! I mean, I've been coming to you for book recommendations for, what, 16 years??

    And I'll tell you one thing, you'll at least have one very loyal follower: ME! :) Exciting stuff.

    ReplyDelete